Helping people discover their strengths
Why we exist?
Our purpose is to create employment for those who struggle with finding a job due to challenges such as Asperger, Autism, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASDs), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), etc.
Because we strongly believe everybody can thrive in the right environment.
Why it’s so important?
Life is tough. As we all know, managing a business is difficult because it requires that each employee be as efficient and productive as possible. The cost of training can often be prohibitive and render it impossible for employers to hire individuals requiring a lot of training.
The problem is that some people require specific adaptations to their needs. And those people who don’t fit the mold struggle to keep a job and are often set aside by society. It’s not that companies are insensitive but cannot afford this cost.
What do we do?
We create an environment whereby people can discover and build on their strengths in an environment where they may feel safe. We build things like birdhouses, picnic tables, garden boxes and even custom-built outdoor furniture, all from the safety of Jean-Guy’s personal home workshop.
We also care about ecology, so we want to help keep materials out of landfills. We hope to do much of our building from materials that would otherwise have been discarded. Pieces of plywood, short pieces of lumber, old pallets, and even felled trees, as I also own a wood mill.
Our commitment is simple
- We hire people with challenges, provide them with a safe environment where they can thrive.
- We don’t define people based on their challenges but on their strengths and abilities.
- All our staff members are encouraged, respected, and treated with kindness.
- The profits are spent on materials and tools to keep this project sustainable as well as activities to help everyone grow.
- We repurpose materials that would otherwise be on their way to the dump and give them a second life.